Happy New Year! I started reading "Peace and Power: New Directions for Building Community(8th edition)" by Peggy Chin (Jones & Barlett Learning, 2013). This list is something she suggests we share, so here you go:
1. Plant and nurture something that grows
2. Practice the fine art of yielding - in your car, in conversation, etc.
3. Become active in a group that works on principles of cooperation, on principles on Peace and Power.
4. Fill your home, work, and commuting environments with visual and auditory images of peace and tranquility.
5. Do at least one thing to simplify your life and reduce your consumption of disposable products.
6. Do at least one thing to reduce your consumption of natural resources.
7. Move toward a vegetarian diet.
8. Learn and practice some form of meditation.
9. Learn and practice ways to reduce hostile interactions with others.
10. Exchange gentle forms of touch regularly.
11. Express appreciation to at least one individual or group every day.
12. Help three children learn three things on this list.
13. Pass this list along to someone else.